Total Pageviews

Monday, January 29, 2018

The metal detector I use on TV treasure hunting shows

I get asked a lot of questions about why I use the Minelab CTX 3030 so here are a few reasons why this metal detector is the one I use the majority of the time.
The main reason why is the waterproof Minelab CTX 3030 is a good all around metal detector, with bells and whistles for almost any metal detecting situation I come across.
Do not let the beach and water hunting tag fool you, I search for a wide variety of things in a wide variety of places and so I use equipment that is not just suited to detecting one thing in one place.
I would make no sense for someone like me to only use a metal detector designed to do one thing, with one size search coil or very few available accessories.
Traveling to detect and not knowing what sites I will search or the conditions I may encounter, a CTX 3030 with different size search coils is always my first choice of treasure hunting equipment.
With a price tag of over $2K this metal detector is not in everyones budget, although it is very easy for a beginner to use I always tell people new to the hobby to choose a cheaper metal detector and see if they really like metal detecting before laying out serious money.
I know once you have a CTX 3030 there is no where to go after using the Rolls Royce of discriminating VLF (Very low frequency) metal detectors, forget about upgrading lol
However good the CTX 3030 is in a wide variety of metal detecting situations, there could be a metal detector that does a better job detecting a certain thing at a certain site if that is all you ever search for.
Choosing the right tools for the job is very important in all walks of life, in the hobby of metal detecting it is no different.
Buy the tools within your budget that help you detect what you are searching for in the areas you search, doing plenty of research before you buy is always the best policy.
That is what I did when moving from predominantly land hunting to beach and shallow water hunting, 
I needed to use metal detectors not effected by mineralized sand and saltwater, as the single frequency metal detectors I had always used in England struggled on beaches.
After spending years pounding fields, rivers, lakes, beaches and oceans with a metal detector I have turned finds into metal detecting equipment and I am fortunate enough to be able to use what equipment I like.
Hopefully the Khalessi mother of dragons is not reading todays blog entry lol! although husbands everywhere should know jewel encrusted baubles do get you serious metal detecting permission.
I still count the research I did before buying as a very important step towards hitting the beaches running.
Things have changed a little since my early experiences with metal detectors, metal detector companies are seeing people travel to detect and bringing out more lightweight waterproof and versatile metal detectors, especially my favorite metal detector company Minelab.
My CTX 3030 has all the qualities I look for in a metal detector and that is exactly why I use it where ever I go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment