Total Pageviews

Friday, January 26, 2018

Be a stalker not a walker

I am not a big fan of walking miles on the beach to find stuff or putting in ten or twelve hour beach or water hunting days to find stuff, I use beach and water reading skills to maximize my beach hunting time. 
I search small areas thoroughly and never walk away from any area I find gold, especially at tourist type beaches where gold is the main thing I am searching for. 
Been there done that and learned my lesson many moons ago, returning back to places after going walk about and recovering more gold in the area I walked away from.
Theres a lot to be said for being a veteran (Old fart) beach hunter, if you learn lessons along the way lol
A very good reason to be a gold stalker and not a walker is you often find more than one piece of gold in the same area, either because it was part of a set or an area where objects of the same size and density have settled.
My personal record is twelve gold wedding bands in one afternoon several years ago, beating nine gold rings in one morning hunt a few years before that, nothing too special but not too shabby. 
That explains why I like to use a box shaped search pattern and I am reluctant to walk away from areas I start finding gold in numbers. 
Look at it as the game of battleships for beach or water hunters, hitting gold hiding not far away from the first piece you tagged.
These three 22K gold bangle bracelets were recovered several yards away from each other at a tourist beach, it would have been such a shame to split them up by walking away from the area.

I would have probably seen them posted on some metal detecting forum or Facebook group and thought buggar I left gold behind, but I know that will not happen to the metal detecting ninja because I never walk away from gold.
It could be a gold ring, gold pendant or gold chain, who is to say it was an isolated find?
Dont walk away once you find an area holding what you are searching for, use your eyes and ears instead of your feet to find gold beach and water hunting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment